Saturday, June 16, 2007

It turns out I can't speak french

I hope to god that changes. Aside from that, I am having a good exeperience so far. Granted, I only left 2 weeks ago but it honestly feel like it's been least two months. I am staying in a small village outside of Kpalime, in the plateau region of the country, with a wonderful host family who are pretty well off compared to everyone. I have electricity, a shower, a flush toilet, tv - it's pretty sweet. No latrines and bucket showers for me ... yet. So everything is good so far, this experience is a emotional rollercoster for sure. I am up and down several times a day but luckily lots of my frustrations steam from not being able to communicate, which thankfully I can change. Also, my entire group is suffering from GI distress which is not only comforting but bonding as well. I think I am getting better but my stomach is a little crampy. That's all for now, will probabaly start sending longer and elaborate but less frequent emails from here on out. I miss everyone and you should all come to Togo.

Togo 2008!
Natasha

4 comments:

sara said...

Ahhhh... the image of GI distress.

Andy craps her brains out when she eats Siam food.
(She told me this in confidence tonight. so.... Shhhhhh.)

Gamboa 2007 wasn't the same without you... but i'm sure Togo 2008 will blow away any experiences we might have had this past weekend.
You were missed greatly, and it turns out i say some of your old phrases. "its true."(add inflection towards the end of 'true')

-sara

andy said...

Oh, and that was my last comment. I suck at blogging and assumed Sara's identity by accident. I bet you could figure that out by the "yer mom" comment anyways....

Unknown said...

I miss you...i hope u are having fun....i still need you address in togo

Natasha Ott said...

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Sara's mom?