Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I have Amoebas

Sorry I haven't been able to update as much as I or you would have linked. For the last three months I have been in Stage, which is intensive cultural and language training before you officially begin in your village. But before I get into all of this let me first start with the email rules.

The biggest reason why I have not been in touch is that the intenet here is like Dial-up circa 1992. For example, for the first 3 times I was able to get a town with Internet I would have to spend my whole hour looking at my inbox, unable to open any emails. Or I would miraclously open one email and eagerly write a response only to have the electricity go out. Due to this, Internet has become like my kryptonite. Meaning it is so far the only thing that will make me completely lose my shit, curse Togo and slam nearby objects and doors. So I stopped trying. Now I am in Lome, the capital, because I am staying at the Med Unit due to my bugs so I have access to the sweet Peace Corps Internet. So the emails rules are this:

(oops, I accidentally posted this. Ignore)

1. I will probably have access to Internet around once a week, maybe more maybe less. When I say access I mean one or two hours at a cafe

2. If I ask you to do something for me, for the love of god do it, no questions asked. Questions are more emails were is time wasted.

3. I will never be able to download pictures, videos, links, etc. You can send if you like, but the real way to get to me is through mail. More on that later.

Okay, feeling weak and have to go back to med unit. I will continue with the update either later on today or tomorrow. Super!

Natasha

2 comments:

Carol said...

OOOOH NOOO, poor baby. Do you want me to mail some chicken soup? You're supposed to take care of yourself.

Emily said...

Seriously, Tash. Bugs? Amoebas? Remember that guy I was crushing in high school that we called amoeba boy?

Feel better, kid.